Prior to Coffee for Good making leasehold improvements, the 1858 Mead House is being renovated by Second Congregational Church. An interesting historical fact is that when Solomon Mead built his home in 1858 it was the first residence in Greenwich with indoor plumbing; while interesting from a historic perspective it is not so great when renovating.
On February 25, 2020, the Town of Greenwich Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) unanimously approved the change of use to allow Coffee for Good to operate on the southern side of the first floor of the Mead House. Typical timing from PZC approval to issuance of a building permit is two months. The town has necessary new procedures to protect everyone during the COVID-19 crisis which will add several weeks to the permitting process. Please stay safe during this time and check back soon for another update.